broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Friday, November 20, 2009

Scrooge Alert



During day 2 of being ill, I found my cable-less self watching the tail end of Good Day La. Rarely do I find myself being able to watch these shows so I am out of the loop when it comes to some trends... especially those concerning hot holiday toys for 2009. The last hot toy I can remember was Tickle me Elmo. Well, today on the show, they were talking about these little motorized hamsters called Zhu Zhu pets that are going to be the next toy. Seeing how I had never heard of them, I decided to do a quick search to see what these things were all about. During the search, I found that there was an abundance of folks who jumped on the Zhu Zhu pets bandwagon only to make a hefty profit off of nutty parents who will pay a premium for the chance to place the little electric hamster under the tree. If you do a search on ebay, these things are listed for prices that are much higher than the 10.99 list price.

Kind of cruel..........

2 comments:

Fashion Serial Killer said...

damn. they are cute tho! I hope you are feeling better and that I get to see you when you're here again

Danielle said...

It reminds me of that episode of "The Office" where Dwight buys all of these barbie type dolls with unicorn horns sticking out of their heads. He buys them all up and then sells them to desperate parents for way above market value.