broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Monday, January 17, 2011

Workout Playlist Highlights

Today was my fourth consecutive day working out on the cross trainer at the DTLA YMCA. I decided to step it up a notch today and while I utilized the 'Hill Plus' setting as usual, the setting was elevated to level 14. I managed to complete the workout in one piece, but only with the assist of some energetic songs. Here are a few of the highlights: ( And PS...if you are reading this from the Facebook feed, the videos will not show....hit 'view original post' if you want the accompaniment........)

Maximum Balloon-Groove Me

Maximum Balloon has been on heavy rotation with me in the past few months. Good driving music. Good work out music. Good I need-a-mid-day-perk-music. I have to admit, I am not the biggest TV on the Radio fan, but Dave Sitek's music on Maximum Balloon is top notch.


School of Seven Bells- I L U

What can I say about School of Seven Bells. Oh yeah....I was at FYF fest ALL DAY waiting in anticipation to see them and due to the heat and the dust and the lack of accessible and affordable water decided to up and leave and take a cab home. While I regret not seeing them play, I stand by my decision to leave the fest (and also to avoid outdoor music festivals in general from here on out). This song seriously rocks though.


Hot Chip- Ready for the Floor

This song has a certain level of energy that has me hitting my back button on the iPod after it ends. The main video does not provide an enabling code, so here is a live version:


R. Kelly- I'm a Flirt

Please just hang in there during the 40 second intro to this video. Yes. I really do like this song. Catchy as all get up. And plus what better way to learn how the players do it in the Chi:

2 comments:

mike said...

sweet playlist.

and thanks for adding me to your "amazing others." i will do my best to remain as such.

allison orphan said...

anytime! i can never resist local reads about food! ;)