broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Felting Fun


On Saturday, Genia led a workshop to teach some of us art therapists how to needle felt. Needle felting is something that while I have always admired, have never taken the time to learn how to do. The sad thing is, had I taken a ten minute chunk of time out prior to yesterday, I would have been felting away ages ago! Right before the workshop. I made a pit stop to the Urban Craft Center in Santa Monica, which for those unfamiliar, must be like an Etsy-Seller's sanctuary. I went in and picked up some wool roving, a foam square and some needle felting needles (needles with tiny barbs on the end). After my purchase was complete, I was ready to go. Genia was nice enough to provide both samples and books for inspiration in addition to her tutorial. Here are some of the outcomes of the afternoon:



3 comments:

Emily said...

I love the grasshopper! So cute! I've always wanted to try this!

allison orphan said...

emily, it is really easy to learn! you should totally give it a shot!

jca said...

I need to learn this!!