broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Must Love Dogs.......



Wow. So, this past week I saw The Wrestler. To say that it rocks is an understatement. The movie is honest, real, and horrifyingly beautiful. In the past couple days, I realized that I like The Wrestler more than Slumdog Millionaire and Milk combined. I thought it was really just that good! So good that I decided to watch the Oscars to watch Mickey win the award. Sadly, he lost to Sean Penn. Now don't get me wrong....Sean Penn killed as Harvey Milk. However, when thinking about the roles, making Harvey Milk likable is a far easier task (for a liberal like me) than creating love for a failed wrestler who abandoned his daughter.

And then I decided to do some google exploration of Mr. Rourke. And I found out that he has multiple dogs including Chihuahuas. And then he immediately joined the ranks of my favorite actors.

1 comment:

jca said...

ooo i better put the wrestler on my next movies to see list!! yay for blogs!!