broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sephora. Ouch. Amazing.

I have not stepped foot into a Sephora in over 12 months. And it has been well over at least 16 months since I have made a purchase. Perhaps it was my post-migraine grouchy mood, or maybe just the fact that I will soon be joining the ranks of the employed...either way...today I both stepped foot into a Sephora AND made a purchase.


In the world of skin care, I gave into the hyped up Ole Henriksen truth serum. It can never be too soon to fight some pesky wrinkles. While browsing some beauty sites last night, I read one positive review after another about this magic-y, citrus-y anti-aging-y serum. While an accurate assessment may be premature, I have to say I enjoyed the scent and the glow the serum left on my face.



In make-up land, I upgraded from NARS Orgasm to NARS Super Orgasm. The super seems to have a bit more pizazz. I have been a loyal patron to the original NARS Orgasm and after watching my blusher slowly run low, decided to replenish...with a kick.



I actually stayed in make-up land a bit too long and got suckered into purchasing a delicious lip color from the NARS 2010 Fall Line, Rouge Basque. I saw it and was immediately drawn to the crimson-y hue. After trying it on and declaring that yes I will be using my credit card for this purchase, I put the little black box into the little black Sephora basket on my arm.

I then went to the checkout but not without first adding some Bare Minerals to my already overpriced basket of goodies. For my troubles, I got some free samples of some Phyto Hair care products. Oh Sephora....I am glad you and I are back on good terms again.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Nars. Love.

The end. :)