broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Monday, February 14, 2011

Currently Reading (both courtesy of LAPL)

Yes. Both books were ordered offline through the LAPL book request site. I am super pleased with the system. I put requests in for both books about 6 weeks ago and Madonnas was ready for pick up within 2 weeks and Freedom was ready for pick up this past Saturday. The books, from Studio City and Canoga Park respectively, were delivered to the Edendale branch (right on Sunset) for pick up. Great service! I was both called and emailed when the books were ready. If you are a reader and have not yet utilized the LAPL request system, i would definitely suggest trying it out.

The Madonnas of Echo Park. My current read. The fact that the novel is set around my neighborhood definitely speeds up the reading process! I know the novel has received somewhat mixed reviews but I am finding the book enjoyable as well as thought provoking in regards to relationships between different cultural and ethnic groups in the L.A. area.



Freedom. On deck. As soon as Madonnas is finished, I am going to start my second Franzen novel. I read The Corrections back when it came out and am eager to see what is in store for us with Freedom.

No comments: