broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Monday, August 20, 2012

Running Songs: Part Deux

With marathon training officially beginning in a couple of weeks (just joined the LA ROADRUNNERS), I have been thinking about revamping my running songs playlist. I have been searching some running blogs for inspiration and have to agree with the masses that Eminem's "Lose Yourself" would make a pretty good addition.......damn catchy beat with a good build up for those inclines!!!

Here are some of my faves from the past couple months which will indeed remain on my list.:

LUPE FIASCO-Around My Way

This song kills it. Lupe has made the playlist at least 7 times with gems from 'The Cool', "Food and Liquor" and well, a couple from "LASERS' (was a sucker for that Trey Songs jam). Around My Way has me running fast and wanting more....cant wait til 'Food and Liquor 2' comes out at the end of September!!!!!!

JJAMZ-Heartbeat

Dreamy indie-pop that is perfect for taking things down a notch.

ST. VINCENT- Cruel

Fun, funky and at times mildly awkward but has a steady under beat that is good for maintaining consistent pace.

All those and more will be on my playlist for the 80's run over Labor Day. As I type, I realized I should add some 80's jams on the list in honor of the race theme!

Any favorite jams?


1 comment:

Judy Gloom said...

i'm jealous! i haven't been able to run since May due to Achilles tendinitis in my left ankle. Good luck with the marathon training!