broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Running Update

Since I last posted, things have improved. Slightly. I am pleased to say I accomplished a 4 miler yesterday with the Pasadena Pacers. We did a run 5 minutes/walk one minute approach to our workout and considering it was my longest run in 11 months (and damn near 85 degrees and sunny), I was happy for the minute break.

I have been running regularly at the Los Angeles Arboretum after getting a membership. It is pretty great actually. 75 bucks gets you a family membership. With a membership, in addition to park access, you get to come during members only hours starting at 7:30 AM in the summer and 8:00AM the rest of the year. There are few folks in the park in those early hours so it is quite the wonderland to explore. The peacocks are all out in abundance during that time too. When I am not running the park, I bring Daisy in the stroller.

And I can't believe I just typed membership 3 times in 3 sentences right in a row. Sheesh.

Back to running. Next week begins the official training program/schedule for the LA Marathon. We will do a 4 miler....sans the walk/run combo. I am looking forward to this..........

No comments: