broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Back in Black



No. This post has zero to do with AC/DC although I must admit I was seriously rocking out to the song last week while driving through the desert. I was just trying to think of some snarky/witty/brilliant title for my entry. Seeing as how I have not posted anything in ages, I wanted to come back with a BANG. Or I guess in this case, a pair of schoolboy shorts and suspenders....guitar in hand.

Anyway, my good friend Danielle made mention that I had been laying low in the world of blogging. And to that statement, I had to agree. There are times when in the shower, or in the car, or some other time in which writing a blog would be next to impossible when I have these amazing ideas. Ideas that push the envelope of excellence you see. And then I forget them or the phone rings or I am running later to something and then the entry gets put on the backburner....and for those of you who know me, you know cooking is not my forte.

So I decided to make an effort to get things rolling this weekend back on Modern Day Bullfight. The weekend was fantastic. French Dip sandwiches were had at Cole's. I had never had a French Dip and have to say one thing: delicious. I do however need to say another thing: too much meat. I had one bite and while it was utterly blissful, I was meated out for the evening. The establishment is great. There is a speakeasy type bar in the back. Get there early and you can grab a table. Sit in the dark. Sip mojitos. Or in Nick's case....a Hot Buttered Rum.

www.colesfrenchdip.com

1 comment:

Danielle said...

"meated out," what a hilarious description. Huzzah!