broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Friday, June 5, 2009

this seems like something i should have seen....

as a sucker for internet videos, i am really curious as to how this one slipped under my radar for so long:



The way that I became savvy to this gem was actually due to an email I received from the cinefamily silent movie theatre. This Sunday is a premiere of "Winnebago Man", a full length documentary about the star of the clip. The film maker created this movie after the long and arduous task of hunting down the Winnebago Man, otherwise known as Jack Rebney. What is interesting to me is that this 4 minute clip of cursing was passed on video hand to hand before the days of You Tube. Word of mouth. The movie apparently raises the question, "What happens to these stars of viral fame?" Find out. Go see the film this Sunday at the Silent Movie Theatre. 8 PM. You may see me there.
http://cinefamily.org/calendar/events.html

No comments: