broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Call me Mr. Flintstone......

So, driving up to Malibu today, I decided to do a bad thing and change the station from KCRW's pledge drive. The talk was getting to be a bit much. Occasionally, during the drive, they will insert one song for every 30 minutes of banter about the station and how integral it is the the community and such. And honestly, I agree with them one hundred percent. They, hands down, play the best music of any radio station that I have come across in my days. However, being the poor graduate student that I am, pledging for a premium is something that just is not going to happen until I am employed full time after graduation. But back to the greater matter....the change of the dial. Yes. There was some guilt about it. Even though I am not pledging this time, I feel somehow obligated to continue listenership during the drive. However, while driving, I came to a point at which I needed some upbeat music to prep me for my hike. I changed to KISS FM 102.7. Jams. The dial switch immediate got me in the mood to move. As I was driving and bobbing my head in unison to the song, I grew curious as to why the kept talking about the Flintstones. I began to pay close attention to the lyrics that were being sung:



Pretty amazing if you ask me........

No comments: