broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Small Personal Items and Running Jams


With the Malibu Canyon Trail run tomorrow, I realized that I needed to figure out a better method for carrying things. I also realized that it might be a good idea to carry the cel phone in case of a wrong turn in the Santa Monica Mountains. This need brought me back to A Runners Circle this Saturday morning. I found myself a bit overwhelmed over at the running belt wall, but in the midst of decision making my eye was drawn to the candy colored SPIBELTS. Honestly, the first one that caught my eye literally had candy colored polka dots on the pocket. However, my inner desert child directed me over to the turquoise one. I have to say...I love the simplicity of the streamlined waist band and the stretchy pouch. We shall see how it holds up tomorrow.

I have also been in the business of updating my iPod with some more running jams. I am very picky about what songs keep me going the distance but once a song has been granted access to the running playlist, it seems to have found a permanent home. I never grow tired when Lupe's "Gold Watch" pops up during a run. In fact, the more I hear it, the harder I want to run. With that being said, I never grow tired of finding new songs of that caliber. Most recently, as in yesterday, I made the decision to add three songs:

Run the World


This song is a favorite with some of the high school girls I work with. For good reason. Inspirational and catchy. Enough said.

Orange Crush


Yes. Follow me as I kick some butt throughout the streets of Los Angeles.

And the Winner Is


Not just a title....this song is currently my number one song. As I was running along Colorado yesterday, this gem popped on and I was able to hold on a pretty significant speed increase. ITS A CELEBRATION BITCHES!!!!

No comments: