broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Monday, October 10, 2011

Totally M.I.A.

The title of this post pretty much sums up where I have been in the blogging world as of late. I have good reason though.....in addition to the school year getting back in full swing over in Culver City, the second job at the Help Group is also in full swing. So, while I see roughly 19 kids at my full time job for therapy each week, I am now driving all over Los Angeles and working with three additional clients in their homes as a Life Skills Coach. The coaching position is much less clinical and focuses more on learning skills that help the clients with whatever social or occupational deficits they may be having challenges with. So in other words, none of this 'tell me about your mother'.....coaching is more along the lines of 'let's see how to organize this backpack more efficiently.' It is a nice change from the heaviness that tends to linger around my daytime office when the kids leave.

Things are busy and I am on the freeway for way too many hours of the week. I did however go for a run today AND watch my DVR of the season finale of Breaking Bad. A pretty nice Monday evening....I am really appreciating the evenings when I can just come home after my day job! ;)

I did also buy a pair of Vera Wang boots. One of the perks of having a paycheck arrive each week!

(Imagine these but in black!)

I have a feeling that for awhile my posts may be fleeting until I master the art of juggling all of these events around!

No comments: