broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Monday, May 13, 2013

unintended hiatus

So working through pregnancy is and isn't as hard as I had anticipated. There are days in which work goes as expected: stressful with fleeting enjoyable moments and increased bathroom breaks. The only major difference is the percentage of time spent both walking to and sitting on the toilet. I get a lot of questions from co-workers curious about my health, energy level and overall well being and I am happy to report that the answers are typically positive.

On the flipside, there are days, also increasing, in which I am finding it very hard to be at work. And in those cases, I have been remaining home While they are few and far between, they are oh so present. And today is one of them. They are typically predicated by a serious lack of sleep due to overheating, discomfort and today, heartburn. If the commute wasn't cross town Los Angeles, I would try harder to get into the office However, knowing that up to 3 hours may be spent in rush hour LA traffic, I have been quicker to make the decision to take a day. I have never used up all of my sick days in the 10 or so years that I have been banking them at various jobs. This year (or shall I say past 8 months) I have exhausted them and now am taking unpaid days to remain home. Sitting in the AC and not having to brave the frustrations of LA traffic makes it all worth it though.........

Amy and Nick threw me the most beautiful baby shower yesterday. It was all I could have hoped for. Close friends and family at the house. Delicious food. Cakes from Lark. The whole 9 yards. I am so thankful for my amazing and talented friends.........

No comments: