broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Sunday, March 17, 2013

LA Marathon 2013

Today I rode the Gold Line to Little Tokyo to catch a front row view of the 2013 LA Marathon. Just because I was under orders not to run, didn't mean I wanted to miss the event! The Metro was a perfect way to get to mile three without having to deal with the massive road closures causing motorists throughout the city some major frustrations. I was pretty proud of myself timing wise. I got off the Gold Line round 7:14 and by the time I walked up to Central, I was just in time to catch a couple of the wheelchair racers and the Women's Elite group as they came racing through around 7:27 or so. The Elite Men were shorty after followed by the general public who were completely filling the streets from about 7:45 to 8:45. And when I say filling, I mean it. A poor Asian couple suitcases in tow were literally stranded at the crosswalk for over 30 minutes until they dared to cross the sea of runners tripping one man while doing so. Here are some highlights:





Hopefully I will be in the sea of madness next year! Looking forward to training with a jogging stroller after lil' girl arrives! ;)


No comments: