broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Thursday, November 6, 2008

stupidest things i have ever done

so, while in a recent quick trip to use the restroom here on the lmu campus, i was reminded of the stupidest things i have ever done. and they both involve my cel phone. so, reader, you are probably wondering why a lavatory trip is bringing up such feelings of deja vu.....well, let me explain.

INCIDENT 1: about 2 years ago, i was using the bathroom in my own home. i had my cel phone in my back pocket (you can probably see where this is going). a minor thought crossed my head along the lines of: "wow. you should probably take your cel phone out of the back pocket before you go to the restroom." I vehemently ignored thought. Proceeded to use facilities and phone fell in toilet as pants came down. I had a freak out because I didn't want to have to buy a new phone. That moment was immediately replaced by an "OH SHIT" when I realized....'screw the phone. i may have to buy a new toilet.' The phone was not able to be seen and had sunken into the abyss of the toilet hole. Thankfully, some various kitchen tools (which have since been discarded) aided me in the removal of the phone.

INCIDENT 2: about 1 year, 10 months ago. Yes, in the same window as destruction of phone in incident 1. In a stressful hurry, I put all belongings on top of my car as I fumbled for keys in a purse that was too big and too cluttered. Regathered belongings, hurried to gallery to install show. When my boyfriend at the time failed to show up at gallery on time, I went to call him. Wait, where did my phone go? Minor freakout. He shows up, missing phone is forgotten....until when pulling into my driveway, my headlights illuminated the smashed mess that was my phone. Yes. I drove over my cel phone with my car.

2 comments:

Fashion Serial Killer said...

yikes!! i have had mishaps with my phone also.. I dropped my work phone in the toilet, it still works tho HA! I'll prob come out the second weekend of December ok?!

Liz Adams said...

oh man...

I usually keep the phone at the bottom of my bag so I never hear it ring. At least it's sort of safe there. My mom has accidentally washed her phone a couple of times.

GAH... I really need to be working.