broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fair Frenzy


Last Friday, Nicki and I drove down to the OC to meet Monica at the annual OC Fair. Funny thing about it was, in hindsight, I think the two of us spent more time en route on the various freeways between Los Angeles and Orange County than we did at the fair itself, but, well that is another story. The two of us headed to the fair on a very serious mission: to eat some fry and to ride the giant slide, Euroslide.com. Sadly, as I type this post, I am learning that the Euroslide.com domain does not put you in touch with a page dedicated to glorifying the plastic behemoth. Instead, it seems as if they have failed to renew their domain name. Damn....if Euroslide cant survive this economic climate........

Well, mission was accomplished. We rode the slide and ate some food. Oh. And we threw in a round of Skee-Ball and balloon darts in for good measure. While we did not eat too much in the way of bad fair food (we did not try this "deep fried butter" advertised at the Coronary Cafe, but a deep fried Klondike was had), my poor system was unhappy with the small amount that I did force in. Bathroom troubles arose from my encounter with some of the fried mess. Lesson learned. While deep fried zuchini sounds like a good idea in theory.....it is not. Enjoy!



No comments: