broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Monday, July 26, 2010

Totally Tamales!


In the midst of my "I'm-broke-and-living-in-Los-Angeles" summer, I have discovered a great find down the street from my house: Alberto's Tamales. Alberto's, a tamale shop on Temple just West of Glendale, serves up some of the best around. And for roughly 1.25 each, how can I not be morphing into a loyal patron? I have been to the tamale shop a few times and after perfection each time, bought a big order of 16 for a Sunday morning brunch at our place. While all the varieties have been delicious, I have to say my favorite so far is the chicken mole. Apparently, they can make a spinach and and cheese vegetarian option with 24 hours advance notice, but the cheese and jalapeno tamale has been not just an adequate veggie option, but a desired one thus far!

No comments: