broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Thrift Scores

Is it just me or have thrift stores increased prices tenfold? i mean, come on....when perusing the local St. Vincent De Paul, I ran across a crappy Layne Bryant coat in the 'vintage' section for 39.99. Snarkiness aside though, the prices are getting a bit extreme. Vintage pyrex finds are attached to antique shop prices, anything that is old or resembles having age is granted an over twenty price tag and jeans are now close to ten dollars. With that rant, you can imagine my surprise when I ran into Revival.

Revival is an antique store right across from the previously mentioned St Vincent De Paul in Lincoln Heights. The store is a little haphazard with things pinned on the wall with thumbtacks, items on top of furniture for sale and well, just a general dusty vibe. But alas, there are treasures to be found. And the real surprise.....the treasures are fairly priced. For example:

I picked up this old screenprint for 5 dollars. Sure it is a bit beat up, but with the right framing, this will be a gem on my wall.


Vintage California Pottery? 7 dollars. I saw a similar one across the street in St. Vincent's for 25.


Also scored was a necklace with a portrait of a terrier for 4 dollars. THRIFT SCORE. (or shall I say......antique store score!)

No comments: