broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Monday, April 9, 2012

DIY Wedding Decor: Mini Pinatas


After being totally inspired by the JCrew / Confetti System collaboration, I decided that I needed to have mini pinata ornaments in some was shape or form at the wedding. After deciding on a color palette of Orange, Fuchsia and Green, I decided I could begins crafting some of these puppies up. I found the ornament templates at Michael's. When I got home, the first thing was to cut strips of tissue paper and fringe them. Next, I started at the bottom of each pinata and using a tiny amount of Elmer's glue, I attached each row of fringe on top of one and other. The sphere ornament was by far the most difficult to do. The diamond shaped one, while time consuming as each side needed to be done separately, was the easiest because the tissue sat the nicest do to the flat surfaces. I am going to head back to another Michaels location to see what other shapes there are to play with. The Glendale locale was a bit low on supplies.....

I will post more as they come along....we are thinking of either placing them on the centerpieces or in the Chuppa somehow.

No comments: