broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

thesis: before/after


The picture above is the mess of a binder which housed all of the articles pulled from the online library guides at LMU. For an entry level researcher like myself, LMU was pretty great. The LibGuides were awesome. The research librarian, Jaimie, was a life saver. The library itself was quite comfortable. And a big plus....the first floor was open 24/7 so anytime was research time! At first, I found myself using the library building to write in. However, as the year of the project progressed, I became more and more ready to graduate and less and less excited to type up my conclusion. I had to shift gears and write on my laptop at places sans wireless internet in order to eliminate the opportunity to procrastinate by refreshing my email. The only downside to this was in addition to my laptop, I was also toting the above binder around as well as Sophie Calle's ginormous book, 'Take Care of Yourself.'


The pictures below are of the final, bound copy. I received word in early July that the little bugger was ready for me to pick up and the first day I could, I drove across town to pick him up. Due to the high cost of printing doubled with the fact that I was required to purchase a copy for the university library and another for the Art Therapy department library, I was reduced to only getting one copy for me. Well, one is enough I suppose. I wrote the damn thing.....how much reminding do I need?



All in all, the research process was rewarding. I really cant believe that I designed and completed the project! But the real question...do I want to do it again? Hmmmmm............not really. At lest not now.