broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Heat

Los Angeles has been pretty warm the past couple of days. I braved the heat yesterday and ventured out on a 4.2 mile roundtrip endeavor to the Silverlake Reservoir. However, once I arrived to the entrance to the reservoir I realized that the additional 2 miles around was going to be a bit much in the sun.

I turned around and headed back to Echo Park. I figured I will save the 6.2 mile workout for tomorrow morning. I was going to attempt to do it today but David and I went all out and made killer breakfast burritos this morning. Knowing they would need a bit of time to digest, I was looking at an afternoon run. Unfortunately, the heat came back full swing today and sent me to do some running on the treadmill at the Y instead.

I know that treadmill running is not the most reliable when it comes to timing and pacing, but I let out a minor "boo-yea!" when I was able to break the 10 minute mark on one of my miles (9:41) and run consistently at 10:30 for a couple of other ones. It is crazy though thinking back to being able to run 3.1 miles in 24 minutes back in the day.....I have some serious work to do! ;)

At least I have some killer tunes on my Shuffle to keep me motivated. Here is one that got me through today:

No comments: