broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

My parents came to Los Angeles for a quick weekend trip that just happened to coincide with Father's Day. While we had an amazing Father's Day brunch at Russells in Pasadena, that was just the end to a culinary tour. Saturday found us at the Farmer's Market and then at Loteria Grill in Hollywood for dinner. Friday's arrival dinner was at Palermo in Los Feliz. And yes....with all the eating, we did find time for a 2.5 mile hike through Elysian Park on Saturday afternoon.

I sent my dad back to Phoenix with a tin filled with a pound of whole bean coffee from LaMill (best mocha in Los Angeles...hands down). The coffee, when purchased, comes in a stylish black tin that has somewhat of a vacuum sealed lid and can be reused. I had come home this past Christmas with a tin of the coffee and noticed that my dad, while loving the coffee, was pleasantly surprised with the storage tin (as he often buys whole bean coffee). Each time I have been home since the holiday, I noticed that the tin is still actively being used. Now he can store two flavors of beans. ;)


Parking lot photo op in Hollywood

Some shoe based installation art

No comments: