broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Horchata con Espresso


There has been a lot going on with me in the past couple of weeks despite the complete lack of posts. Let me assure you, the lack is not due to a lull in activity, but can be attributed more to a lack of energy post-activities. I will start this afternoon by sharing about a delicious coffee drink I had at Cafe De Leche in Highland Park. From what I had read about this place, the word out there was to get the Horchata con Espresso. This drink can be served either hot or iced but considering the chilly damp morning we had, there was no question. The drink is exactly what it claims to be but the horchata is steamed akin to a latte. Delicious. Even as the sun decided to finally grace us with its warm presence later in the day, I would gladly drink another right now.

But Highland Park you ask? Why not one of the fine Echo Park establishments for a cup of morning coffee? Let me back track and bring you to the next update. David and I have been toying not too seriously with the idea of moving. That vague idea manifested into must-do after a Memorial Day BBQ at Nicki and Sonia's new place last week. Over grilled sausages, Nicki mentioned that we should look at the house directly next door the owner was looking for some renters. Not taking the suggestion too seriously, David and I peeped over the wall to find a tree filled yard, two story home complete with a free standing metal danish fireplace. Yes please! To make a long series of events more readable, Nicki hooked us up with a meeting with the landlady and subsequent tour of the home. While things are not one hundred percent set in stone, it looks as if we will be moving to the Eagle Rock area on August 1st. Hence the exploration of surrounding neighborhoods this morning. I will keep you posted as things pan out.

And on a final note for this post, I have 7 weeks left to finish training for the SF Half Marathon. I had a killer run yesterday after being off my game for a few days and am resting up today to get ready for an 8 miler tomorrow morning. I'll update again then.

1 comment:

Fashion Serial Killer said...

oh MAN! That sounds D E L I C I O U S!!

I am now going to have to guy buy some Horchata and make my own. I hope you get your new place A!!!