broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Afternoon at the Old Zoo


After reading about the abandoned zoo yesterday, I just had to set out to find the location. I was following some directions that had you take a 2 mile hike prior to arriving at the spot. However, I came to realize that once you park at the merry-go-round at Griffith Park, you can head a bit north to get to the quick path that will take you to the zoo. While a 2 mile hike was fine for today, it is by no means necessary to get to the old cages. Here are a few shots from my digital camera that I snapped. The house-type building, while amazing, was full of the buzzing of hundreds of bees, so if you decide to venture in, be alert!




1 comment:

Fashion Serial Killer said...

ooh so cool i'd like to check this out!