broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Windsor


On my last day in Phoenix, I met my good friend Cindy at a relatively new bar/restaurant (or shall I just use the new buzz term 'gastropub' ) called The Windsor. Not really knowing what to expect aside from the promise of a decent happy hour (5.00 pitchers before 5), I drove down from Cave Creek round 3p.m. When I arrived, I was reminded for a second of another Phoenix based bar, The Vig. Similar in the way of their upscale-ly brick construction and spacious patio. However, The Windsor up-d the kitch factor by having succulents in old oil cans, gas barrels and even a military canister of sorts. Pretty cute. As we showed up round 4, the place wasn't too packed and it was easy to grab a cozy booth. The music was loud enough but not overbearing at all. Major points for coziness and a place to catch up!

We decided to utilize one of Cindy's free appetizer coupons on the Fondue (pic below) and additionally order a Fatoush Salad and a pitcher of Stella. Before our food arrived, we were treated to some delicious AZ pistachios on the house.



The fondue was excellent! It was served with pulled pork (great), chopped up pretzel (amazing!), apples (good) and sausage (did not try.....recipe for migraine!). The salad was good as well. The pitcher provided us with about 2 and 1/2 pints and for 5 bucks I have no complaints.




No comments: