broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Monday, January 14, 2013

On Driving in LA

Of all the gripes one may have with Los Angeles city driving, my biggest is one that I never noticed until I moved here. I don't even know what you would call it aside from a lengthy explanation of what it is: leaving way too much space in between your car and the car ahead of you. And God forbid if you try and take the opportunity to move lanes in front of said drivers...they will speed up to prevent it from happening despite the extra room! Ok. I get wanting to leave a buffer between you and the vehicle in front of you....giving enough room to pull out and switch lanes in the event of a stalled car is never a bad idea. But over one car length when sitting at a stop light? Yes. I have seen it. I have seen some leave almost 2 car lengths between. And this is a daily occurrence. As in multiple occurrences daily. Why have I never seen this before moving here? Any one else notice?

1 comment:

goldlionaz said...

Yep! and needing to expect a few miles on the freeway can take an hour to get through.