broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pie N' Burger: Pasadena Cheeseburger Week


Well I should start by stating that we definitely jumped the gun on the whole Pasadena Cheeseburger Week. Technically the official start is tomorrow but I suppose David and I are real go-getters when it comes to things as delicious as cheeseburgers. Well I should re-clarify.....I guess I am the real go-getter when it comes to all things cheeseburgers. Since getting my appetite back after the standard first trimester illnesses and lack of hunger, I have been craving the delicious lil' sandwiches. In fact, the first meal I had once my hunger was back in business was In-N-Out. It'e been more of the same moving through the second tri. Needless to say, we decided to head out a day early to join in on the celebratory fun. 
Pie Case and Counter and Turner Classic Movies!



Amazing Neon Clock

When we arrived at Pie N' Burger, we were greeted with a sign informing us of filming that was taking place inside. A crew from a Travel Channel show was documenting the whole burger process for the day. Initially, we were a bit apprehensive about being in the hullabaloo but we ended up taking a seat in the back and out of the line of fire.

Crew Filming the Cooks
The standard fare obviously are burgers, but there were other options for those interested. We got a chance to chat with a server on break who fully supported our Pie N' Burger Newbie order of two cheeseburgers, two fries and drinks. She then brought us out some samples of pies to taste which indeed influenced us to share a piece post meal. During our pie sampling and conversation, we learned of berry called an "olallieberry", a blackberry/raspberry hybrid. Apparently in May, they have seasonal pies with these specially bred berries.

Burger. Cheese. Pickles. Russian Dressing. AMAZING.
It did not take too long for the food to arrive and when it did, we were both delighted! The meal rocked! The service was great and who can complain about being talked into ordering a delicious slice of boysenberry pie with homemade whipped cream. Not us.........
I know I'm supposed to watch sugar, but I just had to cheat for this.  Plus, we split it!





No comments: