broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Baby. Apparently an American Classic.....

On Friday I happened to turn to TCM just as a movie called "The Baby" was about to begin. Reading the summary on the screen, the movie piqued my interest. I am into all films with mental disorders woven into the premise and this one was no different. A movie about an adult infant and his crazy family dealing with a social worker who takes a special interest in him? I may have not remembered the plot description word for word, but you get the picture.



The film was just as odd as it looks. I was hooked. I was even more astounded that this piece of cinema somehow constitutes as a "classic" of the TCM variety. Cult classic perhaps, but I have to say I was surprised (albiet pleasantly) to catch this for the first time on the station I did!

Anyone else ever catch this wacky flick?


No comments: