broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wading into the World of Maternity Clothes.....

The time has come. The other day driving home from work, I noticed that I had to unbutton my jeans in order to have a comfortable drive home. Prior to this defining moment, I had been having a progressively harder time pulling up my jeans throughout the week. The final straw was yesterday, while sitting in a meeting, I noticed that I had a bump on my stomach. After further investigation in the ladies, I realized the bump was directly next to where the jeans button had been digging into my skin all day. So not so much a bump, but an inflammation.......a clear as day sign telling me loudly that I can no longer fit into my clothes of choice.

I had picked up some larger and longer tops at TJ Maxx over the weekend, but now the pants issue had to be addressed. Last night I came across my favorite jeans...the Gap 1969 Always Skinny cut in maternity style! Woo Hoo! Ordered. Done. Hopefully they will arrive over the weekend.
These jeans have a demi panel. Can't even tell that they are maternity!



I got away today with wearing a dress and tights at work today which was considerably more comfy. It prompted me to go out and look for another one to don during the day. After work we stopped over at Nordstrom Rack where I picked up this lil' goodie....in a larger size mind you:


This Lucky brand dress is super stretchy and has a nice defined waist which sits right about the baby bump. 

I have a trip to Crossroads planned this weekend and will let you know what I come across!


No comments: