broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Creative Baby Gifts!

Having an undergraduate degree in Fine Arts for me personally means two things: the first is that attending graduate school to pursue an education in something else was mandatory. I didn't have the talent, drive, ambition etc. in order to make it on fine arts schooling alone. Do I regret it? Absolutely not. Studying photography at Arizona State for four years shaped me into a young adult ready to embrace other professions with a creative edge. Even more importantly, my most meaningful friendships were formed and cultivated during this time. That leads me into the second aspect of being a fine arts alumni: I am ever surrounded by a pool of creative and talented individuals.

The creativity came out in full force when I was the lucky recipient of a number of homemade/crafted baby gifts around the time of the shower. My friend Amy threw the most beautiful shower under her Moon Canyon styling company.  Cindy, AKA Fashion Serial Killer adorned some adorable onesies with leather appliques and my friend Genia crocheted a gorgeous quilt. 

About two weeks ago, I was fortunate to have lunch with my good friend Chela who was in town with her band, The She-Riffs.  I wanted to watch the girls play at the Echo, but at that point, I was on the verge of being 9 months and rock shows weren't really recommended as part of routine pre-natal care! So we met instead for brunch at Canter's Deli which is always a good time.  During lunch, she presented with with some adorable baby gifts. One in particular stood out:

                             
You see, Chela has a pet portraiture business, Pet Portraits by Chela. (If you ever need a painting of a furry friend, she is the person to see!) She was able to combine her love for all things four legged and create an adorable applique onto a toddler shirt for little girl! I saw this and fell in love! I am so excited for the little one to don this shirt when she gets to be 12 mos! 

The creative gift never ceases to amaze and inspire.......

Oh and PS....mad props to the staff at Canter's who hooked me up with some complimentary cookies after purchasing their delicious hamantaschen...."For the baby," said the clerk. Nice way of stating that clearly a pregnant lady is craving some cookies. But you know what? He was spot on......
Deli counter full of delights: A pregnant girl's dream!

                         


No comments: