broadcasting from the san gabriel valley

Friday, June 14, 2013

Past Due

Well, the date has come and gone and is now officially in the past. Not that I truly expected anything different. Yesterday and the day before, I just did not have the gut feeling that it was going to be "the day". I tend to trust my instincts on much milder things so having a firm feeling that my body was not going to pushing out a small human on June 13th seemed a fair and accurate assessment. That all being said, this notion of a due date is a bit unnerving. Now that I am officially 'past due', there is a nagging feeling accumulating. Past due. As if there is something I need to do to rectify the situation akin to paying a 25 cent fine to make everything all better.


I know that is all crazy talk. Common knowledge (and medical reassurance) reminds us all that first time mothers tend to deliver after the anticipated delivery date. However, that is not doing much for the anxiety breeding while waiting to enter this strange new experience called labor and delivery. I have found myself more reluctant to leave the house for extended periods of time. I know that in most cases the baby's arrival is nothing like the movies and there will be plenty of time to collect my things and get over to Kaiser, but the I think the familiarity of our home and routine is what is keeping me grounded at this point in time.

With all that in mind, yesterday was a very good day. We had some friends come by to visit. One for lunch (we went to Guisado's....a restaurant in Echo Park deserving of a post all on it's own) and then a visit for dinner as well. It was fantastic to have some visitors and our dinner guests came equipped with homemade cookies and one of my favorite board games, Ticket to Ride.


(Don't mind the Game of Thronesy looking logo to the video channel......the game is not fantasy oriented at all......more historically based!)


So here I am beginning my time in the post due world. Hanging out. Reading. Cooking. Chilling. Waiting. Watching television. Waiting. Blogging. Waiting...............

No comments: